30 Facts About Me
November 13, 2013 § 22 Comments
This was a post I started for when I turned 30 but that apparently I never finished and posted. Just an opportunity to learn more about who you are reading the adventures of!
Obviously my name is Macy Miller, hopefully you know that much about me… Here are some more unique details:
- I live in the great state of Idaho and have never lived anywhere else for the past 30 years, though I have lived in a few different towns in Idaho.
- I grew up riding quarter horses and playing with cows on my grandparents’ farm, it wasn’t uncommon to find me in the field with a flyswatter buddied up with the bull, swatting all the flies off of him.
- I have done barrel racing and pole bending in rodeos as well as showing horses… I wasn’t very good at it but it was fun 🙂
- I built my house with my own hands from the ground up (you probably know this much about me too).
- I have never eaten and McDonalds in my entire life.
- I have never held a baby in my life but am due March 2014 with a baby girl to try it out with! 🙂
- I got a Masters Degree when I was 22, this was the biggest accomplishment of my life at the time.
- I did my first oil painting when I was 11.
- I currently have a Blue Great Dane named Denver, previously I had a little brown Chihuahua named Tobi, he adopted my dad because he loves him more.
- I never had a drink of alcohol until the very minute I turned 21, 9:33pm Mountain Time.
- My favorite color is the crayola crayon shade of Ultramarine Blue.
- My favorite food is a bean and cheese burrito.
- I was 5′-7″ from 6th grade up until August 2013 when I broke my back and became 5′-6″
- I have one tattoo that I got when I was 23, after wanting it for 6 years. It is an important reminder to me of creativity being drawn from reality and science as well as serving as a reminder of one of my idols, Leonardo Da Vinci.
- If I had to choose between music or TV I would pick music. My favorite bands include TOOL, NIN, Modest Mouse, Dr. Dog, Meiko, The Black Keys and on and on and on.
- I am legally permitted to carry a concealed weapon (so don’t get any ideas (: ).
- I am a Virgo, though I was supposed to be a Cancer.
- I do not know how to swim and am afraid of water.
- I identify myself politically as a republican. (I don’t believe a lot of the ‘hot issues’-abortion, gay rights, etc.- should be ‘political’ so I don’t include those views into my political views)
- I am incredibly introverted.
- I am currently looking at changing my profession to teaching high school students.
- I HATED high school, every single day after high school has been better than any day at high school.
- I LOVE Christmas music and Christmas lights.
- The first time I decided I wanted to be an architect was in 4th grade.
- I decorated cakes and gutted fish for a grocery store for 4 years as my job while putting myself through college.
- I was a painfully shy kid, I never outgrew that until I got my college degree and found my confidence.
- I have dyed my hair both black and platinum blond and kept it each way for a significant amount of time.
- I can take a 25′ long piece of rope and make it into a horse halter in less than 15 minutes using nothing but knots. I used to sell them when I was a kid.
- My thumbs are double jointed.
- I have had well over 40 cavities in my life but I swear I have good brushing habits, I just have crappy enamel! I used to cry every time I went to the dentist.