Here is a very preliminary schedule for my tiny house project. I currently have a lease that goes until the end of May 2012, by then I should have time to build/enclose my tiny house. Here is the breakout by month, roughly at this point
November: – Accomplished!
- Buy trailer move to interior workshop to be worked on for winter
- Start design documents (figure out details, finishes, fixtures, systems etc.)
I ran into some scheduling conflicts. I bought a homemade trailer rather than a brand new ready to go trailer. I have spent the last month getting the trailer ready to build, I am pushing back my schedule a month to make up for the difference. Over the last month I have removed the decking (which took surprisingly long because the bolts were all wonky) and removed the axles and [should have] all the axles rehung including the additional axle.
Prep trailer – Accomplished! Add third axle – Accomplished!
January: Fail! 🙂 March:
Prepare trailer foundation (insulation and floor system) – So Close!
- Take apart pallets – Ongoing
Build walls find/build doors and windows to be used – Half Accomplished!
Complete erecting walls and roof Sheath/weather wrap building – This has been a changing process
- Insert doors and windows into openings
Rough in plumbing and electrical Find fire place – N/A
- Order toilet and solar panels (solar panels will be on hold)
- Install exterior siding
- Install roofing
- Drywall interior
- Complete plumbing and electrical
- Sell possessions not needed for tiny house
- Get new tires for trailer
- Order any furnishings needed
- Finish interior of space
- Move trailer to exterior location
- Test systems and adjust as needed
- Furnish space
- Begin looking for a space to park trailer closer to downtown
- Vacate apartment and move into tiny house!
Two years to come:
- Test systems and record what I learn.